Thursday, July 23, 2020

Acts 23:5

Acts 23:1  Paul fixed his eyes on the members of the council and said, “My brothers, up to this day I have lived my life before God with a perfectly clear conscience.” 
Acts 23:2  At that moment, Ananias the high priest ordered those standing near Paul to strike him in the mouth. 
Acts 23:3  Paul responded, “God is going to strike you, you corrupt pretender! For you sit there judging me according to the law, yet you broke the law when you ordered me to be struck.” 
Acts 23:4  Those standing near Paul said to him, “Do you dare insult the high priest of God?” 
Acts 23:5  Paul answered, “I had no idea, brothers, that he was the high priest. For the Scriptures say, ‘Do not curse the ruler of your people.’” The Passion Translation
This passage tells us something about how we treat our leaders.We need to turn the other cheek with leaders in high authority. We do not curse them because God defends them. We should always respect the position they have. This brings me to President Trump, do we respect him like God respects him? He is cursed by many people and we shouldn't add to his burden. God loves him. So we share love in the end. I cherish the man to humility by him. May God save him.



No comments:

Post a Comment